The purpose of this policy is to explain how we handle information we collect from you during your visit to our web site.
It is important to keep in mind that we do not collect personally-identifiable information (name, address, e-mail address, social security number, or other unique identifiers) on our web site unless we specifically advise you that we are doing so.
Your rights under the Privacy Act: Information concerning the Privacy Act can be found at the Department of Justice Web site.
When you visit our web site to read pages or download information, we automatically collect and store the following non-identifying information:
- The Internet protocol (IP) address from which you access our web site. An IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using whenever you are surfing the web
- The type of browser, such as Safari, Internet Explorer, or Firefox and operating system, such as Windows 10/8/7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, or OSX and Linux, used to access our site.
- The date and time our site is accessed, for the purpose of monitoring demand.
- The pages visited, for the purpose of improving the usefulness of our web site by providing helpful links and removing pages that are not read.
- The last site you visited, if that site contained a link to a Census Bureau web page, which indicates how you found this site.